Tips / Donations
Keep us Online!

NETWORK   

BOTD   

RATE your Favorite

RSS NEWS   

Rock 'n' Metal News

Technical Issues?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post    MIX ROCK METAL RADIO Forum Index -> Site
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRMRDJ

Reputation: 1034.6Reputation: 1034.6Reputation: 1034.6Reputation: 1034.6Reputation: 1034.6
votes: 1
canada.png

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:07 pm Post subject: No icon Technical Issues? Reply with quote

This spot is where you can post any issues with the website or the broadcast streams. I am happy to look into any issues you may have, as it may help others as well as yourself and of course myself.
moloch

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:36 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Technical Issues? Reply with quote

It has nothing to do with this site in particular, but a few weeks ago I had to evacuate and back-up important files and folders and restore my system to factory specs after my PC inherited a nasty piece of malware that originated in the Russian Federation/Soviet Union. Who knew visiting Forbes website would lead to such a major headache. After the restoration, my system reverted to IE8 and it's never been the same since - it's not supported. Microsoft (not a very flattering name, Micro and Soft) prevents PC users from installing IE9 or IE10, and insists that IE11 is the only way to go - which requires an installation of Service Pack 1, and usually results in computer crashes and additional headaches. I tried Google Chrome and the others, and wasn't happy with either one of them.  The whole situation sucks.

I thought computers were supposed to make life easier, and the pursuit of knowledge and information painless and less complicated.

I'm just about to revert to my old system of using my abacus for calculations and smoke signals for sending messages. Can't use carrier pigeons 'cause I'll piss-off PETA...  Evil or Very Mad

-

-
MRMRDJ

Reputation: 1034.6Reputation: 1034.6Reputation: 1034.6Reputation: 1034.6Reputation: 1034.6
canada.png

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:21 am Post subject: No icon Re: Technical Issues? Reply with quote

Yep, that is how Microdicks operate, remember when the game Halo 2 came out? well is was only available on Xbox and Vista. Most people were on XP at the time, what an insult, as Vista was the worst system ever. It drove me nuts because I really liked XP and thought Playstation was a better console than Xbox, So I never got to play Halo 2. I know there were some that were trying to port the game for use on XP, but resulted in many errors. Ya know, people spent good money on XP and then not be able to play certain games in very insulting. Anyway MAC operating system sale went through the roof after that Microsoft stunt ... lol ... BACKFIRE!
As for IE, I never liked any version. Firefox was my favorite, but it now crashes all the time, so now I am using Chrome (very stable) but harder to use.

Not sure if this works Uninstall IE11
Sponsor
moloch

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:12 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Technical Issues? Reply with quote

re: "Not sure if this works: Uninstall IE11."

Currently I'm using IE8 ( Shocked ) 'cause that's what my system reverted to after the reboot to factory specs. Before the malware invasion I was using IE10. But that's changed since the reboot. I can't "upgrade" to IE9 or IE10 'cause MicroSoft makes it virtually impossible to download/install it. MS doesn't offer it anymore and won't support it. And if you can find a trusted site to download IE9 or IE10, consider youself lucky.

Think what I'll do is back-up my system, establish a restore point, and try to install SP1 to see if my PC crashes... Rolling Eyes

-

-
elvis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:03 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Technical Issues? Reply with quote

Why cant tuneIn play Armor Radio now, it was ok a few days ago. Is there any alternative to TuneIn???? i have a Sonos thing connected to my amplifier, and used to listen to Armor Radio the whole day..  can anyone give me a tip about this?????
MRMRDJ

canada.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:08 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Technical Issues? Reply with quote

Sorry I may have jumped the gun, waiting on a confirmation as to when I officially will be offline, The listen links should be back up shortly  Very Happy

-

ROCK ON!
Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post MIX ROCK METAL RADIO Forum Index ->  Site Time synchronized with the forum server time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: