Survey   

Your Favorite Genre?

Hard Rock
Heavy Metal
Thrash Metal
Progressive Rock/Metal
Nu-Metal
Stoner
NWOBHM (New Wave of British Heavy Metal)
NWOTHM (New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal)
Alternative Rock/Metal
Classic Rock
Metalcore
Other (Add a comment)

Results
Polls

Votes 28
Comments: 0

DONATE   
Click Here to DONATE

GOAL= $50.00
Monthly

Click Here to DONATE
Secure by Paypal

Thank You for the
SUPPORT
Tips / Donations
Keep us Online!

NETWORK   

RSS NEWS   

Rock 'n' Metal News

Battlefield 1 DirectX error FIX Windows 7 Nvidia GTX770 + i7

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post    MIX ROCK METAL RADIO Forum Index -> MRMR GAMING
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did THIS work?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

MRMRDJ

Reputation: 1379.6Reputation: 1379.6Reputation: 1379.6Reputation: 1379.6Reputation: 1379.6Reputation: 1379.6Reputation: 1379.6
votes: 1
canada.png

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:10 pm Post subject: No icon Battlefield 1 DirectX error FIX Windows 7 Nvidia GTX770 + i7 Reply with quote

[Watch On YouTube]

First thing to do is download Nvidia drivers 337.88 HERE
or 334.89 HERE

Those above are international drivers. For smaller download, you could go to nvidia web site for your Country and in the search box, type in the driver version 337.88 or 334.89

Also download and install DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) from HERE

Uninstall your old Nvidia driver from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features.
Reboot into SAFE mode (Usually tapping F8 on your keyboard when PC is posting).
Once in safe mode run DDU to clean driver leftover, then reboot normally.
Now install the Nvidia driver you downloaded, I usually choose Custom (Advanced) and only install what is needed like the graphics driver and PhysX.
Leaving out 3D Vision (because my monitor in not 3D), HD driver and Geforce Experience (known to cause other issues) you will be asked to reboot again.

Depending on your operating system, windows may try to reinstall the newest driver for your system due to windows update and your back to square one,
With windows 7, I have windows update setting to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them"
It may be different with windows 8 and 10, google to find out how to stop the automatic updates! You may even have to delete from the Driver Cache.

Step 1

Click "Start," "All Programs," then "Accessories."

Step 2

Click "System Tools" and then "Disk Cleanup."

Step 3

Click "OK" when asked to select which drive you'd like to clean up. By default your primary hard drive will be selected and, as this is where the driver cache is located, you don't have to do anything but click "OK."

Step 4

Check "Temporary Files" and then click "OK" to clean your driver cache (as well as a few other directories simultaneously) and free up space on your hard drive.

Battlefield 1 will nag you to update your video card drivers and will not let you start the game (Not right in my opinion).
There are 2 ways to get around this.
1. Search in folder Windows\System32 for a file called nvapi64.dll and change that to something like nvapi64.OLD
Once you do this the game will not ask to update drivers but you will not be able to get into Nvidia Control Panel unless you rename that file back to nvapi64.dll
2. A quick way to switch back and forth would be to use a batch file, copy from HERE (a new window will open) and paste into an empty .txt file with notepad or similar,
then rename it to something like nagoff.bat then you can right click and run as administrator.
You will know which file is in use at the moment by looking at the end of the third line within the popup.

You could also download the batch file here in ZIP format HERE

At this point Battlefield 1 might work but there is another fix that stopped other battlefield games from crashing, it is called "PCI Express - Link State Power Management"
Make sure this is set to OFF, it is in your Control Panel\Power Options (see the photo attachment below).

The game settings are set to auto that results in a medium quality and Vertical Sync set to OFF (seemed to help FPS), Edit: I turned Vertical Sync back to ON and the game plays much better, seems this game is very demanding and trying to force high frame rate is actually worse, 60 FPS is all you really need for smooth play and results in a better video quality on a 60hz monitor.

In game settings (Video - Advanced) set GPU Memory Restriction to ON.

Turned OFF Origin In-Game as well (some say causes issues) in Origin application settings.

P.S. NOT ONE SINGLE crash with this method on three PC's here with a combined play time of 45 hours, (beta release and final release Battlefield 1)
NO crashes on other games Call of Duty series, Serious Sam series, ARMA 2 and 3, RUST, War Thunder, World of Tanks, Survarium, Need for Speed series, DOOM 3 and Battlefields (BF2, Bad Company 2, BF3, BF4 and BF Hardline) all with great frame rates!

My system:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

DirectX v11.0

CPU
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H77M-D3H (Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz)
Graphics
S24C350 (1920x1080@60Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (PNY)
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 ATA Device (SATA)
Optical Drives
AFOTMXO KHQ3WL2F SCSI CdRom Device
ASUS BW-16D1HT ATA Device
Audio
Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (WDM)

Last edited by MRMRDJ on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:23 am; edited 36 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 1057059591026338
MRMRDJ

Reputation: 1379.6Reputation: 1379.6Reputation: 1379.6Reputation: 1379.6Reputation: 1379.6Reputation: 1379.6Reputation: 1379.6
votes: 1
canada.png

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:48 am Post subject: Cool Re: Battlefield 1 DirectX error FIX Windows 7 Nvidia GTX770 Reply with quote

Another tweak I thought actually did help a great deal was to un-park cores, this works for multi-core processors like i3, i5, and i7 and maybe others. Originally I did this using the regedit way but hard to explain. Some say when the power management is set to High Performance the cores are un-parked then some say they are NOT. I guess the best way to check is Task Manager then Performance tab and click on Resource Manager and CPU tab, it will tell you there if cores are parked. See attached photo below (No cores parked)

I found an easier way to do this with a light weight and FREE program called Process Lasso, get it HERE

This will also set a new Power Scheme in Power Options called Bitsum Highest Performance, and also has a GAME mode

Once again make sure that "PCI Express - Link State Power Management" is set to OFF with this new Power Scheme.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 1057059591026338
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post MIX ROCK METAL RADIO Forum Index ->  MRMR GAMING All times are UTC
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: