Featuring striking artwork from renowned polymath Dan Goldsworthy (HELL, CRADLE OF FILTH, ACCEPT), the album took two years to record, with Goldsworthy also helming the recording sessions at his custom studio in Aberdeenshire. "We had some health issues within the band that meant there was a significant delay in getting the album out there," explains frontman JOE JOHNSTON. "But it's definitely worth the wait. It's got a more natural sound than Fearful Symmetry, and we've definitely come on as songwriters too. There's a real mix of short, sharp, fast songs and longer, more complex stuff with some big, epic moments. And also lots of songs about monsters of one kind or another, hence the title."
CARNIVAL OF MONSTERS is released on CD on 28th April and will be available digitally from 30th April via Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, etc. The CD edition, featuring various pieces of exclusive artwork and limited to 100 hand-numbered copies, will be available via Amazon and www.fathippyrecords.co.uk. A launch gig/release party will be held on 28th April at CAPTAIN TOM'S studios in Aberdeen, the band's hometown, ahead of their appearance at Scottish metal festival FULL METAL HAGGIS at the end of May.
CARNIVAL OF MONSTERS (2018 - Fat Hippy Records)
1. LAUGHTER THEN MADNESS THEN DEATH (Forbes)
2. ANTARCTATTACK (Forbes/Johnston)
3. HEADSHOT (Middleton)
4. MEGALOMANIAC (Parker/Johnston)
5. OPERATION: KEEP HIM BUSY (Forbes)
6. VENGEFUL KNIGHTS (Middleton)
7. COLOSSUS (Thomson/Johnston)
8. SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE (Forbes/Johnston)
9. X-COM: ENEMY UNKNOWN (Middleton/Johnston)
10. CARNIVAL OF MONSTERS (Forbes)
11. METACIDAL MASSACRE (Forbes)
THRASHIST REGIME are:
Joe Johnston - Vocals Kyle Forbes - Guitar Rich Thomson - Guitar Alex Parker - Bass Dan Middleton - Drums